Excel Macros

puppy26

Actually I need to write a program in Macros that insert a value if the conditions matches..

say for example,

K(column name) = "BU Accessories" And AG(column name) = "APPAREL" And AM = "CCS" And AO = "Inline" And BL = "new" Then CE = "18 months"
that is IF all the above mentioned conditions matches with corresponding rows, then column CE should be automatically assigned to 18 months.

I tried with this program but i didnt get any value assigned to particular column..

Sub model()

Dim K As String
Dim AG As String
Dim AM As String
Dim AO As String
Dim BL As String
Dim CE As Integer

If K = "BU Accessories" Then
If AG = "Apparel" Then
If AM = "CCS" Then
If AO = "Inline" Then
If BL = "new" Then

CE = 18
Else
CE = 0

End If
End If
End If
End If
End If
End Sub

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Perhaps
=IF(AND(K2="BU Accessories", AG2="APPAREL", [rest of your conditions]), "18 Months", "")

Does that help?

Regards
Adam

Upvote 0
Hi Puppy

Welcome to the board :)

If you want code to do this then you need to approach it slightly differently, I believe this will do what you want...

Code:
Sub Model()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

LastRow = Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 1 To LastRow

If Cells(i, "K").Value = "BU Accessories" And Cells(i, "AG").Value = "Apparel" And Cells(i, "AM").Value = "CCS" And Cells(i, "AO").Value = "Inline" And Cells(i, "BL").Value = "new" Then
        Cells(i, "CE").Value = 18
    End If

Next i

Application.StatusBar = ""
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Your code wasn't giving any refences to check really, you can't just say "IF K =" because it doesn't know what K is :)

Does the code make sense to you?

Upvote 0
HI.,.
thanks for your code but its not working actually...

Do I need to change\modify anything in that!!!

Hi Puppy

Welcome to the board :)

If you want code to do this then you need to approach it slightly differently, I believe this will do what you want...

Code:
Sub Model()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

LastRow = Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 1 To LastRow

If Cells(i, "K").Value = "BU Accessories" And Cells(i, "AG").Value = "Apparel" And Cells(i, "AM").Value = "CCS" And Cells(i, "AO").Value = "Inline" And Cells(i, "BL").Value = "new" Then
        Cells(i, "CE").Value = 18
    End If

Next i

Application.StatusBar = ""
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Your code wasn't giving any refences to check really, you can't just say "IF K =" because it doesn't know what K is :)

Does the code make sense to you?

Upvote 0
HI.,.
thanks for your code but its not working actually...

Do I need to change\modify anything in that!!!

Well, yeah .. If it's not working... Which it does according to the criteria you seemed to specifying...

How is it not working? - Is your original criteria correct?

Something to consider is that the critera needs to match 100%, so "New" and "new" aren't the same thing... Also, where did you post the code, I assumed you'd want it in the Sheet code?

Upvote 0
that's great.. I thought its not case sensitive...now its work perfectly.. thanks a lot..

so could you please say me where should I include next condition..say for example..

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=914><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 181pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8813" width=241><COL style="WIDTH: 107pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5229" width=143><COL style="WIDTH: 126pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6144" width=168><COL style="WIDTH: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717" width=129><COL style="WIDTH: 98pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4754" width=130><COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3766" width=103><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 181pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl65 height=17 width=241>BU Accessories</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 107pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl65 width=143>APPAREL</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 126pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=168>CCT</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 97pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=129>INLINE</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=130>NEW</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=103>18
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Could you please say..
Well, yeah .. If it's not working... Which it does according to the criteria you seemed to specifying...

How is it not working? - Is your original criteria correct?

Something to consider is that the critera needs to match 100%, so "New" and "new" aren't the same thing... Also, where did you post the code, I assumed you'd want it in the Sheet code?

Upvote 0
well actually I got the solution for my other questions too..

thanks a lot for your help dude..

that's great.. I thought its not case sensitive...now its work perfectly.. thanks a lot..

so could you please say me where should I include next condition..say for example..

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=914><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 181pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8813" width=241><COL style="WIDTH: 107pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5229" width=143><COL style="WIDTH: 126pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6144" width=168><COL style="WIDTH: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717" width=129><COL style="WIDTH: 98pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4754" width=130><COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3766" width=103><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 181pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl65 height=17 width=241>BU Accessories</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 107pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl65 width=143>APPAREL</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 126pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=168>CCT</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 97pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=129>INLINE</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=130>NEW</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=103>18

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Could you please say..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashsweety

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back