Excel remembers an old DSN name

MrBadger81

Hi all..

I have an issue as follows:-

I created an Excel file which uses 3 ODBC queries to pull data from Sage Accounts.
I (perhaps unwisely) set up a new DSN called 'WELTON',to use for this purpose and pointed it at the data folders.

However, I am now using the same report for a different customer and I want to use the standard Sage DSN (name is SageLine50v24)

I have changed the connection string in 'Connection Properties' for all three queries.
I have changed the 'Connection Name' also in 'Connection Properties' (from something like 'Table_Query_from_WELTON') to something generic, like 'Budget' for all three.
I have changed the 'Table Name' in 'Design View' for all three.

Everything works and data refreshes as expected.

However, if there is a problem connecting (which can happen with this customer), the final error message displayed after various password warnings etc is:-
"The following data range failed to refresh: Query from WELTON"

I would prefer customer2 not to see this as it relates to customer1. I suspect this is a Design View Table Name that has now been changed, and I am completely at a loss as to where this is still coming from and would be grateful for any suggestions please.

In case it makes a difference:-
I'm now using Excel 2016, but the problem existed in Excel 2010 as well. The OS is Windows7 64Bit.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nameless_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back