Excel to return a value in a column, if multiple criteria meets

Ann Ooi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I tried to return a value in sheet1, column A (vertical), to sheet 2 (Horizontal format), if the "Process_Step" and "WO" is matched. As the data is huge and there're many columns, I do not know how to specifically to use the index and match or vlookup, to return the column A value (Date) if the criteria are meet. The INDEX formula I written, is not working as I understand it's not making sense to Excel. [=IF(INDEX(WIP!$A$1:$W$8835,MATCH($B3,WIP!$U:$U,0),MATCH(C$2,WIP!$L:$L,0)),C3=WIP!$A:A,"")]
Sheet1.JPG

Sheet2.JPG

Hi Alan,
Noticed you were saying Power Query, so I checked online and found the software and downloaded. Sorry that I have never use this tool before. Can help to enlighten, how to apply the code on top? I am still exploring.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi Alan, I manage to explore till close and load to, but after that whenever I run the query, I cannot load the file to excel anymore? And for all the null setting, I have to select columns by column and having many replace value steps? If there's new data added, will the query still works and added the new data into the table? I'm not sure, am I do it right, hope able to set it to become a simple steps, so that other dummy like me, able to use it as well.
Setting.JPG
Query.JPG

Upvote 0
If you add additional data to the original table that is brought into PQ, then click (possibly twice) on the Refresh All Icon, then PQ will update the output automatically. If you right click on the Connection only in the Query that you are showing above, it will give you the opportunity to load the results to a table in your spreadsheet.

For the nulls, you should be able to highlight all columns that you want to replace the nulls and do it at one time.

Upvote 0
Hi Alan, So sorry, another question, what should I do with this error?
1594780582271.png

Upvote 0
In the Mcode, change the table name Table1 to whatever you have named your Excel table.

Upvote 0
If you add additional data to the original table that is brought into PQ, then click (possibly twice) on the Refresh All Icon, then PQ will update the output automatically. If you right click on the Connection only in the Query that you are showing above, it will give you the opportunity to load the results to a table in your spreadsheet.

For the nulls, you should be able to highlight all columns that you want to replace the nulls and do it at one time.
HI Alan, Noted and thank you.

Upvote 0
In the Mcode, change the table name Table1 to whatever you have named your Excel table.
Hi Alan, Just to confirm, if I share this file or send the file, then other users will be able to extract the query as well?

Upvote 0
So long as the original data is in the file and the output is in the file and not in a connection anyone receiving the file should be able to extract the data.

Upvote 0
So long as the original data is in the file and the output is in the file and not in a connection anyone receiving the file should be able to extract the data.
if so, how to share the connection? so that they able to refresh and run the data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back