Excel Weekday function, finding day in week

ThomasBP

Hi

I'm a little lost here, so hope someone can guide/help me.
I having a Sheet1 where I have 7 rows Monday to Sunday and week number 31 to 52.
The week numbers i'm getting by the formula AG5 = Weeknumber(Year!B2,2)
And then AH5 = AG5 + 1 and so on, up to week number 52.

ZcwQzak
Sk_rmbillede_2018_07_09_kl_16_15_16.png

Then I have another sheet "Year", where I have some dates and type of theme.
Sk_rmbillede_2018_07_09_kl_16_20_34.png

I then try to create a conditional formatting rule for the AG6 to BB6, where I want to add a color for the cell for the week, if I got a date that's Monday, from the "Year" sheet B6 to B24 and if the type (A6 to A24) is "Træning", so i got something like this (The same I will do for Thursday, Wednesday and so on):
Sk_rmbillede_2018_07_09_kl_16_25_53.png

But I don't know how i can build up the Match() or And() formula, can someone help ?

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi ThomasBP,

I would suggest you look at the WEEKDAY() function in the Date and Time Group. You can get the weekday number 1-7 and then compare it to what you need.

Upvote 0
Yes and have something like this, but it's not working properly and don't look at the type for the date.
Code:
[COLOR=#242729][FONT=Consolas]=IFERROR(MATCH(DATE(YEAR(Year!$B$2),1,-2)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(Year!$B$2),1,3))+AG5*7,Year!$B$6:$B$24,0),"")[/FONT][/COLOR]
Can someone maybe help with the formula?

Upvote 0
Yes and have something like this, but it's not working properly and don't look at the type for the date.
Code:
[COLOR=#242729][FONT=Consolas]=IFERROR(MATCH(DATE(YEAR(Year!$B$2),1,-2)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(Year!$B$2),1,3))+AG5*7,Year!$B$6:$B$24,0),"")[/FONT][/COLOR]
Can someone maybe help with the formula?

Okay, I'm getting closer a solution, to color the right cells - now I just need it to look at the type next to the date.
But i'm using this code atm.
Code:
=HVIS.FEJL(SAMMENLIGN(HELTAL(DATO(ÅR(Året!$B$2);1;-2)/7)*7+2+AG5*7;Året!$B$6:$B$40;0);"")

Where I change +2 to +3 and +5 to look if the day is Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back