ExcelVBA for filtering the data based on the user Logged in.

satishgn

Hi all, I have a excel workbook with 5 worksheets, based on designations I want to show the data related to them,

-> like Project manager should be able to see all data and report.
-> group head should be able to see the summary/report.
-> business unit should just see report.

so for this I want to use filter based on user account (Project Manager A/c, Group Head A/c) logged in Excel or any Microsoft product (all users have licensed version of office).

so from the above scenario, i'll brief in short now,

->when the project manager logs in to his laptop/PC opens the excel file from his Microsoft account, he should be able to see only this report/data.
-> when group head opens excel , he should be able only to see the summary.

P.S. I want the data to be filtered based on the Microsoft account logged in.

Thank You!!!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi all, I have a excel workbook with 5 worksheets, based on designations I want to show the data related to them,

-> like Project manager should be able to see all data and report.
-> group head should be able to see the summary/report.
-> business unit should just see report.

so for this I want to use filter based on user account (Project Manager A/c, Group Head A/c) logged in Excel or any Microsoft product (all users have licensed version of office).

so from the above scenario, i'll brief in short now,

->when the project manager logs in to his laptop/PC opens the excel file from his Microsoft account, he should be able to see only this report/data.
-> when group head opens excel , he should be able only to see the summary.

P.S. I want the data to be filtered based on the Microsoft account logged in.

Thank You!!!
Why not just issue passwords to each of them who are Group head and above? Anyone else can just see 1 sheet by default. If you change the password in excel workbook, then it will cascade automatically across the users, irrespective of their authority. The key is keeping the password secure.

Upvote 0
Why not just issue passwords to each of them who are Group head and above? Anyone else can just see 1 sheet by default. If you change the password in excel workbook, then it will cascade automatically across the users, irrespective of their authority. The key is keeping the password secure.

I don't want two way authentication, it will be difficult for every one to keep entering the password time and again, the above concept you said is known by default, but we wanted this way of authentication. Thanks anyways for your reply ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back