Exporting or publishing Excel worksheet to HTML using Save As Web Page

csrcsrcsr

I have a large no of Excel lists in various Excel 2003 worksheets within a workbook. The lists refer to hyperlinks to individual files stored on an intranet Server

I have successfully saved some of these to a Web page with interactivity enabling users to have a filterable list of these many hyperlinks which the can then access

The value to me is that I have one place where I can know where my links are and can provide access to those links by the saved Web page. When a user clicks a link in the web page they do not access my list which is protected for my use. Additionally, if I change a link or add one in my worksheet Excel will automatically republish the web page

BUT on some of my worksheets I get an error when trying to create the web page with interactivity

I get the following error

The Microsoft Spreadsheet component could not load the XML data. Validation
Load Error: ForType List, the absence of a <cell Range list> tag implies
relative cell reference in the list values which is not allowed

I have tried long and hard to figure out the problem why this occurs for some of my worksheets but not others

I suspect it must be a simple error in how the failed worksheets are formulated but it beats me. Any ideas?

The value of creating lists in Excel and in effect exporting to a simple HTML sheet via save as web page helps enormously in distributing lists (mine is to enable hyperlinks for hordes of stuff for an Office Manual with Knowledge base)

Help great fully received plus any other tricks to protect source data access while enabling user access (many links are to secure PDF files but also to Word documents and PowerPoint auto displays (for traing)

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back