Extract numbers - exact values?

ljubo_gr

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello dear MrExcel's

How to extract value from right, from an aray of data?

CMR: 30.501 litres, rest 11.000 for Barack Obama.
Cmr:31.700L but 5000 goes from R-7 to John Kerry.
cmr: 30000 L rest goes 500 to WhiteHouse from R-7

<tbody>
</tbody>

tHESE are only three examples, three rows of data, they are different but simmilar, How to extract 11000 5000 and 500 and Sum that?
This is impossible 'cause they are different, one start with "rest 11000", second starts with "but", third with "goes"....If i extract numbers i get 3050111000 3170050007......
Any help would be kindly appreciated, Thanks!

UDF not working, thank you Rick
I am curious... in what way is it not working? Can you give me some examples of text that did not work and show me what you were expecting for those text examles so that I can see where my code fell down at?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I am curious... in what way is it not working? Can you give me some examples of text that did not work and show me what you were expecting for those text examles so that I can see where my code fell down at?
I apologize to you Rick, I was using different name for your UDF called MEsheet1 and this wasn't working until I change it to LastNumber
Now, every text arrange possibility is working except this: CMR: 32.009L, ostatak u R-12 <<here I have been removed (!) from the end.<here end.
Thanks so much for your interest!</here>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WAIT, WAIT Rick! I apologize! It's working, for sure, it's mister Rick The Great!
Can I have "" for #VALUE! error?

THANKS PETER_SSs THANKS RICK ROTHSTEIN

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WAIT, WAIT Rick! I apologize! It's working, for sure, it's mister Rick The Great!
Remember, I cannot see your worksheet, so I have to rely on you telling me what is there (it is kind of hard to fix something if I don't know what the problem is). What text are you getting #VALUE errors for?

Upvote 0

THANKS PETER_SSs THANKS RICK ROTHSTEIN

Me dumb sorry,it's supposed to be #value! at this: CMR: 32.009L, ostatak R-12 because there isn't my number.
=IF(ISERR(LastNumber(A1));"";LastNumber(A1))

Thanks so much! There is no word to thank You All!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me dumb sorry,it's supposed to be #value! at this: CMR: 32.009L, ostatak R-12 because there isn't my number.
=IF(ISERR(LastNumber(A1));"";LastNumber(A1))
When I use the code I posted in Message #39 with that text, my UDF returns nothing "" as you requested quite a number of message ago... the only way I think my UDF could possibly return a #VALUE! error is if the cell it is referencing is displaying an error message of its own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm so sorry for too late response! Still having troubles with Peter's formula and Rick's UDF.

How to upload workbook? :confused:

Upvote 0
How to upload workbook? :confused:
You cannot upload a workbook to this forum. My signature block below has help on how to post small copyable sample data.

The main thing you need to do is CLEARLY set out the requirements and give a REPRESENTATIVE set of sample data AND the corresponding EXPECTED RESULTS.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narrian

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back