File size 10 time bigger than another virtually identical file?!?!??

Bengo

Board Regular
Good morning,

I have a sales mix model which essentially lists restaurant dishes by category by volume. A couple of tables and half a dozen charts run off this data. There are no external links. The workbook is around 500kb

For a second brand of restaurants I have an identical model, again no external links. The raw data that feeds to sales mix page is identical (copy and paste) from same source, all the formulas are the same,... yet this workbook is 5,888kb?!?

As a result it is painfully slow. But I can't find any differences for between the sheets. There is no more data on the second model than the first, no more formulae,.....

Does anyone have an idea what would cause this?

Many thanks
Ben:confused:

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Ok I've found it! Did a Shft+Ctrl + Down to select all Rows, deleted them then saved the workbook. The slider then shrank and the size dropped to 280kb

Must have had something in one of the lower rows. However as I had made a copy of the file, I went back to the old version and cannot see anything physically in those rows... Has anyone encountered this before? Would it have been something that was entered and then later deleted, but causing the workbook to expect a larger number of rows?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back