follow hyperlink if cell is active.

Andrew1234

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi.
I have a spreadsheet with a lot of internal hyperlinks which help the user to navigate the workbook.
I have found an issue in my hyperlinks. I have set the hyper links in a specific cell so as the data is always shown on the screen with out the user having to scroll to see the information they want. For example the data is in f9 and I have hyper link going to k19 to show f9 in the centre of the screen. This all good and works if the last cell active on this sheet was less than k19. for example if the user was last on z22 on sheet 2 and then clicked to sheet 1 and then clicked to view the data on f9 they would not see the data on f9 because my hyperlink to k19 will then be in the top left of the screen rather than the bottom right. i hope that makes sense.

My question is. How can I get excel to follow a hyperlink once a cell is active. Because if I have a link from sheet one to another cell which has a link in sheet 2 I would like the link to be followed automatically.
So it is essentially a string of hyperlinks. if that makes sense.

hopefully there is a simple way to do this.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi,
regarding my query above I would also be open to using vba if needed. I have a minimal understanding of vba but if it can help me then I can try this option too.

it would just be a code to tell excel to follow the hyperlink if the cell is active. meaning that after the hyperlink is clicked on sheet 1 by the user it would then go to the cell in sheet 2 which another hyperlink and then automatically the hyperlink in that cell will be followed without the user clicking.

For example
link1.PNG

here is link 1 in sheet 1. once it is clicked it goes to link 2 in sheet 2

link2.PNG

In sheet two this cell is now active. I would now like excel to automatically follow link 2.

Final.PNG

once link 2 is automatically followed it the user will be at their final destination.

I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daffyduck1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back