Formatting of Numbers seems unavailable in certain cells

RobVos

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sheet which has the same formula in a row of cells. I have them all se t to currency formatting, however only some of the cells are displayed as currency. I tried to copy formats to the cells not displaying proper, but nothing changes. I checked the format and I noticed that all the specific formats are not displaying proper for those cells - they are all just a plain number (depicted as a zero in the dropdown). The two images below show the difference for the cells. Both are set to currency. Anyone know how to fix this?
1705448214725.png
1705448324348.png

Attachments

• 1705448215630.png
    1705448215630.png
    48 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Could it be that for some reason those are not real numbers but text looking like numbers? To check remove manual alignment from the column ( they are manually centered). If content of cells is left-aligned they are text, even when formatted as currency ( formatting does not affect the underlying value).
If so, select those cells, Data-Text to columns- Finish. If they are now right-aligned you are ok. If not some further investigation is required

Upvote 0
You are not showing us the whole fomula try changing the "0" to just 0 without the quotes.

1705491166682.png

Upvote 0
Solution
You are not showing us the whole fomula try changing the "0" to just 0 without the quotes.

View attachment 105224
Thanks - I just found that a little while ago and see you noticed it as well. The quotes there are the issue because that formula has an IFERROR that would result in that zero if a match can't be found.
For info the entire formula (corrected) is:
=IF(E4<>"",IFERROR(IF(AND($B$6=2,MATCH(E4,'West Coast'!$D$1:$R$1,0)>8),2*@INDEX(Canal,MATCH(@INDEX(Ships,$B$5,1),Ship,0),0),0),0),"-")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back