Formaula Assistance

jlyons88

I own a small business and I'm having trouble with employees adding incorrectly and I'm wanting to create a spreadsheet that will do the math for them. As a part of my business I sell lottery scratch off tickets. Each ticket is numbered and we count them down at the end of the day to determine how much money should be accounted for. I have a spreadsheet set up with the starting number in one column, ending number in another column, and a total dollar amount column. So far its pretty simple but the problem is when we run out of a ticket and replace it with a new pack of tickets. So I need it to calculate what was sold on the previous pack and also add what was sold on the new pack. Each dollar amount has a set number of tickets per pack. For example a $5.00 lottery ticket pack will have a total of 60 tickets per pack. Can you assist me with a formula to calculate this?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

Sounds like it can be done fairly simply, can you show a sample of your current layout with where you changed "packs"?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board.

Not sure if you want to include both the start & end point as tickets sold... if you want to include only the starting number, just remove the +1 below.

If the numbers always increased, you could use something like
Code:
=$5*(B2-A2+1)

To account for 61 resetting to 1, you could use the small modification of
Code:
=5*(B2-A2+1+60*(B2 < A2))

But, the thing this can't account for... suppose you start the day with the last one in the pack (# 60) and have an unusually popular day where you sell 62 of them. You'd start with # 60 , end with # 1. The formula would imply that you only sold 2. Not sure how/if you'd want to account for selling a full ream.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akhil333

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back