Formula contains and ERROR???

L

Legacy 259187

Hello, I am trying to displace 3 different results, 0,1 or "", based on 4 arguments. The formula I am trying to do this with is =IF(AND(B$2>=Data!$L2,B$2<=Data!$W2),1,"",IF(AND (B$2>=Data!$M2,B$2<=Data!$P2),0,"")). Excel is telling me I an error. I must be missing something. This is for a gantt chart that I want to display results in a way that the chart tool cant help me with so I am having to try to build this from scratch. Looks like I have hit a wall. any help to point out the error here would be most appreciated.

What I am going to do is use the conditional format to color display a different fill color for each 1 and 0 to create a bar display to reflect pogression based on current dates verses the duration of the project milestones. I am also going to include a Data date line to be displayed on the column that corresponds to the current date to show behind or ahead of schedule which I cannot figure out how to do using the excel chart tool.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Ok, new addition to this problem.. here are the formulas that I have: =IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$M3,C$2<=Data!$X3),1,IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$X3,C$2<=Data!$P3),0,"")) & =IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$V4,C$2<=Data!$W4),1,IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$W4,C$2<=Data!$O4),2,"")) What I need to do is combine both of these and have only one or the other applied based on key words in column B. If "Assembley" and "CA0" is found in column B then have only the first formula apply. if "S2" and "V3" are found in column B only the second formula shown here should apply. If this possible and if so please HELP!.

Upvote 0
BAY 6 & 7 GANTT FLOW CHARTTWTFSSMTWTFSS
8-Oct-1326272829303101020304050607
SUB-MODULE NUMBER31-Mar-137-Apr-13
CA01-07 Wall Sub-Module - Summer 2
FAB.100 Sub Assembly 100
S2-01-07 FAB.100
Final Final Assembly
S2-01-07 Final
CA01-07 Wall Sub-Module - Vogtle 3
FAB.100 Sub Assembly 100
V3-01-07 FAB.100
Final Final Assembly
V3-01-07 Final

<colgroup><col style="width: 185pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8996;" width="246"> <col style="width: 14pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 694;" span="13" width="19"> <tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Column B is the first colume shown. I need the formulas to place the Data according to what is listed in that column and if the key word is "assembly" or "Cao" then only the first formula listed in the previous post should apply if "S2" or "V3" is there then only the second formula would apply. I need it to read off of another sheet where the data exists and return the results as stated in the formula. This is so i can export the data required from The scheduling software I use wuith out having to make repaste formulas every time I make an update

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The chart I built is rather large and for what ever reason it will not let me post. In the first formula. if the condition exist then a 1 or 0 is place in the column according to the date that is listed in row C otherwise it is left Blank. the second formula place a 1 or 2 or blank in the same perspective as the first formula. I then used conditional formatting to draw the length and color of the bar to show duration and progression. what I am aiming to do is combine both formulas so when i do a data dump I do not have to repaste the formulas based on the row location of the items in column B because the data will shift as items are added or removed. I need the formula to follow accordingly

Upvote 0
To test if A1 begins with "S2" or "V3":

=IF(OR(LEFT(A1,2)="S2",LEFT(A1,2)="V3") ...

To test if A1 contains "Assembly" or "CA0":

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("Assembly",A1)),ISNUMBER(FIND("CA0",A1))) ...

Upvote 0
Can all the formulas be combined into one standing formula? If so, how would that be done with out getting the too many arguments error?
=IF(OR(LEFT(A1,2)="S2",LEFT(A1,2)="V3") & =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("Assembly",A1)),ISNUMBER(FIND("CA0",A1))) & =IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$M3,C$2<=Data!$X3),1,IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$X3,C$2<=Data!$P3),0,"")) & =IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$V4,C$2<=Data!$W4),1,IF(AND(C$2>=Data!$W4,C$2<=Data!$O4),2,""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back