Formula needed

angeleyes22

I really need some help as i am struggling to come up with a solution for this.

We have a debtors spreadsheet that looks at those debts over 90 days and then we manually categorise them into what stage they are at eg 14 day legal letter, With Solicitors, Write off, Payment Schedule etc.

We are looking to automate the process slightly. If something is with the solicitors it tends to stay this way for a few months, so we know that if it was in the solicitors column in July it will still be in the solicitors column in Aug. I've been using the following formula to pick up this data

=IF(ISBLANK('July'!G6),0,$C5)

where G6 is the cell for 14 day letter sent and C5 contains August's total.

The problem that i am getting is that the rows don't always match for example we may have one Debtor that has paid off their Debt or we have a new Debt that has just rolled into 90 days. Ideally i need a formula that will give me the same detail as above (providing a 0 if that column in the previous month was blank and providing the total for the new month if it wasn't), but i need it to be based on looking up the same Customer number in both sheets.

Is there anyway that i can do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
i suspect one reason why you haven't had a reply is because it is difficult to envisage exactly what structure you have at the moment and from that what you are hoping to achieve.

It would probably help if you could post a representative sample of data of your problem (can be dummy data, just needs to reflect the problem) and explain what you need.

If you wish to use a html maker to create a representation of your data, then please PM me your email address and I will provide you with one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back