formula

anewday777

i have an excel workbook with multiple sheets, I want to compare the values in collumn a in sheet 6 to sheet "yesterday" and if they match copy column 44 which is notes to collumn 44 in "sheet 6" what is a formula that would accomplish this....I was trying an if error but it wasnt working for me

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Paste in Column 44 on Sheet6: AR1 and copy down
Excel Formula:
=IF(A1=Yesterday!A1,Yesterday!AR1,"")

Upvote 0
i have an excel workbook with multiple sheets, I want to compare the values in collumn a in sheet 6 to sheet "yesterday" and if they match copy column 44 which is notes to collumn 44 in "sheet 6" what is a formula that would accomplish this....I was trying an if error but it wasnt working for me

#1) It's unclear what you're trying to accomplish. You said you want to compare column A to a worksheet named "Yesterday" but you failed to mention which particular column you're trying to match.

Sheet6; column A

compare to:
Yesterday; column ??

#2) You should clarify scope of the data you're trying to match. Assuming you have more than 1 number in column A, do you want to match ALL numbers in column A with the other worksheet? Or is there just 1 number involved?

And what do you wish to see happen if only some of the numbers match and some don't? Do you still want to copy the notes column in that case?

#3) You said you have "values" in sheet 6, column A. Are they strictly numbers or do they contain text as well?

Upvote 0
I should probably add that a formula by itself will not solve your problem here. A formula can certainly match a group of data in one worksheet against another but if you expect to match AND automatically copy a particular column to another worksheet based on the conditions of the match operation, a VBA solution will be required. If you expect an answer, you should clarify the questions above.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomMacca52

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back