Formulas to concatenate multiple rows from report into first row - Xlookup?

dconnors

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using Excel MS 365 v 2202 and am trying to find the most straightforward formulas to add to a report exported from Salesforce that will concatenate cells from multiple rows if certain criteria is met. It has 1-X number of rows per client and I only want the information to show on the first row the client name shows up. This will be used by others so I need it to be fairly easy for them to manage (ie run the report, paste it, ensure the formulas go to end of data, remove all rows that are blank in both column D and E).

The first three columns of the screen print contain information from the report, it will always be sorted with the Names in order and with the Current column sorted with 1 first, then 0.

The yellow two columns are the results I want to see. I was hoping there was an easy formula using the new =Xlookup.

I looked on this YouTube channel and didn't see how I could apply any of the formulas discussed but I often have to see how it works in a situation specific to me before I can start applying it to other situations. I appreciate any help you are able to give.

DeDe

1653513079555.png

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
For column D how about
Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIFS(A$2:A2,A2)=1,TEXTJOIN(", ",,FILTER(B2:B100,(A2:A100=A2)*(C2:C100=1))),"")
and col E
Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIFS(A$2:A2,A2)=1,TEXTJOIN(", ",,FILTER(B2:B100,A2:A100=A2)),"")
Although you cannot delete the data from cols B & C

Upvote 0
Solution
Fluff - this is great, I would have never thought to use anything this advanced, I really appreciate your help. They should be able to filter out the blanks in the "All Orgs" column.

1653566546124.png

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bengee54

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back