Function that will collapse 4 rows of data into one row based on the first two columns information.

Theneoalchemist

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am currently working on making a workbook that takes data from a data base and consolidates it down to a easier read. I currently have a system that shows when people call into our system, the problem is that this system creates a row of data for each entry and I would like to take that data and consolidate it into a simpler read. I will create a example below.

I do currently have a Index & Match solution that works but it is taking a lot of resources to run it on every line in the data base so I am hoping for a simpler solution that will not cause my file to freeze up so much. The output file contains hundreds of employees and calls as it is usually pulled for a weeks work on call times.

Example below.

Current System Out Put (cannot change from what the system puts out)

Full NameWork DateScheduled HoursWorked HoursCall TimeCall Type
Employee #1Work Date #1.8.20
Employee #1Work Date #18.00.
Employee #1Work Date #1..08:03ON - Duty
Employee #1Work Date #1..16:12OFF - Off Duty
What I would like end product to be
Employee #1Work Date #1Call time - On DutyCall Time - Off Duty

Here is the Current Codes that I use that seems to absorb a lot of resources to be used. (right now I just have it saying On or Off Duty)

Employee #1Work Date #1=IF(N2="","",IF(INDEX($J:$J,MATCH(1,(N2=$E:$E)*($O2=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+1)=0,"No Call",INDEX($J:$J,MATCH(1,(N2=$E:$E)*($O2=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+1)))=IF(N2="","",IF(INDEX($J:$J,MATCH(1,(N2=$E:$E)*($O2=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+2)=0,"NO CALL",INDEX($J:$J,MATCH(1,(N2=$E:$E)*($O2=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+2)))
Employee #1Work Date #2=IF(N3="","",IF(INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,($N3=$E:$E)*($O3=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+1)=0,"No Call",INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,($N3=$E:$E)*($O3=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+1)))=IF(N3="","",IF(INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,($N3=$E:$E)*($O3=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+2)=0,"NO CALL",INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,($N3=$E:$E)*($O3=$F:$F),0)+COUNTA($J$1:J$1)+2)))

In the end I am mostly trying to eliminate the white noise and also make it easier to see when someone missed a call. The Employee Names and Dates in my table are generated by a Unique filter combo that I have used to create a separate table.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi,

To generate your consolidation report, have you already tried to insert a Pivot Table ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back