Generate labels in particular format from table of data

e_esgee

Hi there, fine folks!

I would like to generate labels for an envelope from a table of data. I have the table of data in a worksheet within a workbook formatted to have the six columns of information. This worksheet is called LabelPrep. I formatted a second worksheet called Labels to look like a series of address labels with each field corresponding to a field from the LabelPrep worksheet. I'm curious how to write the code for a macro that takes the information from the LabelPrep table and inserts it into the appropriate fields in the Labels worksheet.

In a dream world there could be an extra column in the LabelPrep worksheet that indicated how many of each type of label and the macro could read that and prepare the correct number of labels! This feels like wishful thinking but it can't hurt to put it out there!

Can you help?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Excel does not have a built-in label creator but Microsoft Word does have one. Do a little research into creating labels using "Mail Merge" in Word. The process allows you to select an Excel file that contains the data that is to be placed on the labels and the type and size of labels you want to use.

Upvote 0
Howdy, Mumps! Thanks for the tip. I'm very familiar with Mail Merge. However, I would like to further automate the process since I make thousands of different labels per week and don't want to go through the step by step MailMerge process each time, hence the desire for a macro that knocks the process down to one step, ideally.

Excel does not have a built-in label creator but Microsoft Word does have one. Do a little research into creating labels using "Mail Merge" in Word. The process allows you to select an Excel file that contains the data that is to be placed on the labels and the type and size of labels you want to use.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back