Generating Email Combinations, from name and domain, and show email delivery report in Excel

ranabouy

Hi Everyone,

I use MS excel to tabulate a list of prospect/ lead names. The names are in the format Title, First name, Middle name, Last name.

Q.1) I need to generate email addresses from the different combinations of the first name, middle name, and last name. The domain for the email address is also in the same row as the name but in a separate column. Can anyone help me understand the most efficient way to generate all possible such email address combinations in the same row as the name but separate columns, either using formulas or a macro? E.g: first.last@domain.com; first.middle@domain.com; first_middle.last@domain.com; etc.

Q.2) Once the email addresses have been generated I will use mail-merge to send an email to all the addresses generated in the previous step using MS Outlook. When i send the emails more than half the combinations will fail to deliver due to an incorrect email address. Is there a way that the excel sheet, with the email addresses, displays which email addresses successfully delivered to the recipient and which email addresses failed to deliver to the recipient? So I can save the correct email ID's and discard the incorrect ones.

Any help with either question will be immensely appreciated. My excel is quite substandard therefore being an empty cup i'll be happy with either formula or Macro solutions.

in case of queries i can be reached via email(listed below) or this thread. Looking forward to replies!

Best!
Assad Rana
assad.rana@gmail.com; ranabouy@gmail.com

PS: Although I've been using MrExcel for several years, this is my first post. So I was wondering if I can attach a sample Excel file for greater clarity.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
A Sample of the excel sheet:

Company
Title
First
Middle
Last
Domain
Email 1
Email 2
Email 3
Ocean
Mr.
Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
domain.com
alpha.charlie@domain.com
alpha_bravo@domain.com
alpha.bravo_charlie@domain.com

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdkinsP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back