Getting same value with different options from drop-down list. For Google Sheets

YaziR

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm currently working on a project where I need to create a drop-down list which should automatically populate the tables below. I'll straight away jump to the example for better understanding.
So the Sheet looks like this.
So the data is like
Ex.jpg

I think the table is self-explanatory. I have the data for each fruit that goes to which plate. So if I choose plate 5 from the dropdown list, I should get Apple, Orange, Pineapple, Mango and Berries in the table below.
Please help me with how to achieve this. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the values in col A as you have shown, or are they like you have in A1 with the leading 0 on the number?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Are the values in col A as you have shown, or are they like you have in A1 with the leading 0 on the number?
Hi. It can be without the leading 0 (Like Sector 1, Sector 2). The zero is not necessary though.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
It can be without the leading 0
Yes but what exactly are the values in col A, do they have the leading 0?
Also are you happy filtering the data to a different location?

Upvote 0
Yes but what exactly are the values in col A, do they have the leading 0?
Also are you happy filtering the data to a different location?
The data in column A is the sectors assigned for the person. As you see I have mentioned sector 4, and sector 8 for person 2. That means person 2 is working in sectors 2 and 8. And the data in column A doesn't have leading zero. So person 2 should reflect when I choose sector 4 and also when choose sector 8.
The problem I faced when filtering out to new location is, I can't edit the data. I used tried Query function and array formulas., in both cases, I was getting error when I try to edit data.

So basically, I should be able to do the following.
1. Select the sector from dropdown in A1 which auto populates the person working in sector 1 down the list.
2. Edit the target for each date.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
You didn't answer this question.
Yeah. Filtering to a new location is not a problem. But if I add the target in filtered data., the same should reflect on the main page. The purpose of the sheet is to enter and store the daily targets sector-wise.

Upvote 0
In that case you could use
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(A3:L19,isnumber(search(A1&",",A3:A19&",")))

Upvote 0
In that case you could use
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(A3:L19,isnumber(search(A1&",",A3:A19&",")))
Hai. Thank you for the formula. It does filter the data to a new location. But as I told you before. I couldn't add data to the filtered results. It gives me the following error.

Code:
Array result was not expanded because it would overwrite data

Upvote 0
No you cannot do that, but there was no mention of that in your op.

Upvote 0
No you cannot do that, but there was no mention of that in your op.
Hai I explained in this message that I need to edit the data.

Code:
The data in column A is the sectors assigned for the person. As you see I have mentioned sector 4, and sector 8 for person 2. That means person 2 is working in sectors 2 and 8. And the data in column A doesn't have leading zero. So person 2 should reflect when I choose sector 4 and also when choose sector 8.
The problem I faced when filtering out to new location is, I can't edit the data. I used tried Query function and array formulas., in both cases, I was getting error when I try to edit data.

So basically, I should be able to do the following.
1. Select the sector from dropdown in A1 which auto populates the person working in sector 1 down the list.
2. Edit the target for each date.

Thank you.

Is there any other workaround to do this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back