Handling Extremely Large Dataset in Excel for Mac 2011 and running Macros

shantrhap

Hi
I have multiple datasets each of which has close to 1200 Worksheets. In each of these worksheets there is data spanning from 1000 rows to 5000 Rows.(Mostly at the lower end of the spectrum)
The problem is quite simple. I have obtained this data from an online database and since it is based on a time frame it includes rows from the start date to the end date. For most of these worksheets it implies that the data i require is from row 3000 or 4000 to row 5000. So I have written a macro that will help me eliminate these empty rows based on checking if the cell c3 is filled or not and it continues looping till the end.
1) My issue is that my workbook does not let me open the vba editor. Excel freezes up and stops responding everytime i try to open the vba editor or try to copy my macro from the other workbook. Is there any workaround for handling such large datasets on Excel for Mac 2011? Or would it make a difference if i use Excel on a regular windows computer? Each of these files is about 80 MB.
2) If it is not possible to handle such a large dataset is there any macro that lets me divide these large workbooks into smaller workbooks with fewer worksheets so i can run the Macro?

Thanks for your time :)

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back