Have cell stop calculating future data once a value is met

SafetyGuru

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Not 100% sure where to start here. Once B11 equals $1,400 I don't want the sum(B6:$M6) to continue to be calculated. Prior to D6 being negative B11=$1,400 and I want it to stay $1,400. I hope I made that clear enough.
1662054714881.png

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Not 100% clear to me but that's the way my old brain works. Is the deciding factor 1400 or is it whatever the number was before D6 became negative? I think that will help anyone who can come up with the right cell formula or vba code, whichever it is that you want. I know you said 1400 but I've always been one who automatically thinks deeper into a problem. Sometimes it has actually been a bonus!

Upvote 0
So in this case the individual made up their $42,464 deficit (B6) in May by doing $67,700 (C6). So therefore they receive $1,400 in back pay for April. The problem is that the negatives in future months (D6 and/or E6) wiped out the $1,400 in B11. Once they receive the backpay for a month B11, C11, D11, etc. they cannot loose it for going negative in future months. Therefore I want B11 and any subsequent columns in row 11 to stop calculating after $1,400 is displayed.

I could have done a > than equation but at any future month/s someone could make up their yearly deficit and be owed back pay. So for example if August (F8) is great than F7 then I owe them $1,400 for June and July but not May because it was calculated in C10 ( =IF(C5="","",+IF(C8>C7,1400,0)) ) and not for April because it was originally paid after May's overage.

Upvote 0
Not 100% clear to me but that's the way my old brain works. Is the deciding factor 1400 or is it whatever the number was before D6 became negative? I think that will help anyone who can come up with the right cell formula or vba code, whichever it is that you want. I know you said 1400 but I've always been one who automatically thinks deeper into a problem. Sometimes it has actually been a bonus!
After reading your message again maybe I can say this more simply. Since columns are only updated monthly whenever row 11 equals $1,400 it needs to stay $1,400 regardless of future months.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fionalofthouse

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back