have i been blacklisted? my quesitons rarely get answers anymore

Id imagine if you aren't getting answers then you aren't being clear enough with the question. Always bear in mind the person answering cannot see what you can see. If they cannot get what you are trying to do or say then they wont answer.

Another possible reason: you have not given enough information at the start, and then only after considerable effort on the part of other forum members do you reveal a critical bit of information which takes everybody back to square one. I haven't looked at your previous posts, so don't know if this applies to you, but it might dissuade some from trying to help again if it has happened in the past.

Another possible reason: you have not given enough information at the start, and then only after considerable effort on the part of other forum members do you reveal a critical bit of information which takes everybody back to square one. I haven't looked at your previous posts, so don't know if this applies to you, but it might dissuade some from trying to help again if it has happened in the past.

you guys have both just told me you haven't checked the questions I posted so that's the reason why you didn't answer.

no problem i'll just take it as hit and miss if the answer is I haven't been blacklisted?

I probably just missed them - sorry! The number of new posts on these forums per day is quite high. You can always come back and bump the thread the next day. :)

Last edited:
Ok so I answered your question and at no stage did I say that I haven't checked your questions. I haven't as it happens but you never asked that. Ill repeat. If you aren't getting answers its because you aren't being clear. 99% of the time its the reason I would ignore a question.

Hi Oldmanwilly.

Like several other people on the board, I looked at some of your other posts to try and see which had gone unanswered, and found this one.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...et-based-pivot-table-results.html#post4602427

I don't look at the board every day, and I don't recall seeing this post before, but if I had seen it at the time, I don't think I would have answered it, because to me, your original request is extremely vague - it's impossible for me to work out what exactly you wanted to do. Yes, I get that you wanted to insert a link, but how exactly ?
If I had seen this at the time, I might have replied along the lines of "Please explain more clearly exactly what you want to do".

I must say, thank you for posting back with the solution that you found yourself - I think that's very good practice - let's other people know that they don't need to spend time trying to find a solution to help you, and also, if someone else encounters your problem in future, your post may help them.

Ok so I answered your question and at no stage did I say that I haven't checked your questions. I haven't as it happens but you never asked that. Ill repeat. If you aren't getting answers its because you aren't being clear. 99% of the time its the reason I would ignore a question.

Steve did you say I had been blacklisted yes or no? my question was a simple yes and no answer one. none. furthermore you say 'I'd imagine' indicating you didn't know because you didn't check yourself. Furthermore you didn't check the questions as indicated in your post just now and thus the law of the English language for the description of the word 'imagine' means not actually knowing for sure proved me right on this occasion. Nethertheless, I am not interested in arguing, I came for answers and garron answered one of my questions(cheers garron). this thread can be cancelled as ali g has confirmed I am not blacklisted just that people don't view the questions sometimes and I need to bump

thanks

A lot of the time if you bump you get ignored....

People assume that question is being answered without entering the thread. If you notice there is a 'zero reply posts' button at the top of the forum. A bumped thread disappears from this list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back