Having trouble linking tables without pivot table (pivottable doesn't format the way I want)

flyersluv7

Hi,I am having trouble with excel 2013. I am currently working on a workbook for my school newspaper's business team. I have a revenues and expenses table, the expenses table links to a fundraising goal table so that everytime we spend money on an item, if that item is located on the goal table the amount of money will show up on the taken from income column and subtract from the price of the item to show the amount remaining this was done using the SUMPRODUCT function. This table then links to a chart/ table that displays one item that we are focusing on making money for this was done using the INDEX and MATCH functions. This table is also linked to the expenses and revenue table to show the total expenditure and the total income ( those two values are subtracted to show the actual current income) which was linked by using =SUM((of the table (either revenue or expenses))'s amount column).Then I have two separate tables the first of which is a table that list the staff member, the means of fundraising (subscriptions, ads, etc) the amount of money, the issue, the company or person, and other relevant information. The second table is a pivot table created from this information that shows the student and the sum of the amount of money they raised per an issue (this enables me to check if they made the $50/issue requirement for fundraising using conditional formatting). The problem whoever comes from not being able to link that first table with the revenue table. I want to be able to put in the student fundraising table that "Katie" sold $40 worth of Subscriptions to Billy's mom and that information to show up in the revenue table saying that Subscriptions of $40 was sold by Katie. My problem is that a pivot table does not give me the proper format of a table with one column labeled type, then amount, then date, then person. I am not able to use the functions and formulas I already know because I am not able to get it so that each item displays in the correct column in the corresponding rows of one another. I have heard of linking a table to another using power pivot, but one I am not sure how to do this or if it even the solution I am looking for. I need these tables to link together this way and so that each person is separate from themselves if they sold a different type of fundraising item. So it is okay if Katie sold two subscriptions for issue 2 and it combines those prices, but I do not want it to add subscriptions from issue 3 to that or for it to add subscriptions from issue 2 and money from ad sales for issue 2. If that makes any sense. It is kind of essential that this works because knowing how the business department has run in the past I am pretty certain if the other staff members have to enter information into two separate tables each time ( once in the revenue and once in student fundraising) items are bound to be forgot or entered more than once. So any help I can get on this is really appreciated.I don't know if this asking two much from excel and I should just leave it be but if anyone can figure this out I would really appreciate it!THANKS!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back