HELP!!! "Code execution has been interrupted"

x-amount

But I havent pressed anything!!!

There is definite problem, as the "Code execution has been interrupted" error message appears seemingly at random (although if the workbook doesnt change it is the same points), and for no reason.

If I click the continue button the macro runs exactly as planned, but still there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this happens!?

It even invokes on the workboon_open function.

Any ideas???

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Could you post the code, indicating at what line the error occurs (when it happens)?

Upvote 0
Its a massive project, with userforms and bits.

If any "guru" really fancies a challenge (which has got me well and truly baffled (and I thought I was quite advanced!)) then I am more than happy to email it to them...

Otherwise, I am continually doing exactly this :oops:

Upvote 0
Well, without seeing any code, or at least having further description of the conditions under which the error occurs, it is very difficult to offer any assistance.

Could you at least post the code that is being interrupted up to the point where it is being interrupted?

Upvote 0
the macro stops literally as i open the workbook , and highlights the "Private Sub Workbook_Open()" line as the point of error.

has anyone ever heard of a similar problem? I'm tending to think it may be a setting I've fiddled with??

Upvote 0
What is your macro security level set to (Tools | Options | Security | Macro Security)?

Also, what do the first few lines of your Workbook_Open macro look like?

Upvote 0
It works ok on another users computer, so I assume its a problem with my settings somewhere.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
This is the bain of my life too.

I have this problem too. It is a real head banger. WHY? The line of code works one day and then randomly stops. Like the previous user, there is NO rhyme or reason. Code that was worked for months or years stops on innocuous lines. Pressing continue makes it work again. I just run code with my finger on the C button.

And yet this seems completely undialogued on Google or elsewhere.

The problem does not replicate on other computers very often (yes, again completely randomly).

Now, it's started hapenning to me in Word; and I have a COMPLETLY NEW LAPTOP with completely new code. What can I be doing wrong? On this computer I HAVE NEVER SET A WATCH.

:oops:

Some-one must know this problem and have a resolution. I've been fighting it for a year now, and I promise you: it has NOTHING to do with the code itself.

Upvote 0
just a thot.

new pc, new code... hmmm. All else being constant, automatic or manual updates like microsoft commonly release might be messing with key files no? might be that the other people's PCs havent or have had certain updates that you have or havent had.. not very likely but u never know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wabd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back