help please! I really need to figure this out

d0wnt0wn

I have tried leaving a post on this in another thread but i cant seem to get any responce to this.... sorry it is very important that I get this done

i wouldl like to have some code that works like this....

sheet 1 cell a1 if i enter a number from 1 to 10 I copy cell b1-b10 (depending on which number i put in a1) on sheet 2 and paste it into B1 on sheet 1

seems like it should be easy to me but i cant seem to get any responces on it any help would be greatly appreciated.... and I have to use code for this as a vlookup will not get me what i want

With the code ammendment that I posted, the code will copy Sheet1, cell B & the value entered in A1 to the corresponding cell in Sheet2).

I.E. Enter 5 in A1 and Sheet1, cell B5 will be copied to Sheet2, B5.

Isn't that what you wanted or am I missing it altogether?

Smitty

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
hi smitty... ok the code works as you say it does but its not really what I am trying to do here... i will try and explain it as clearly as possible

on sheet 1 in column A i would like to have list boxes from a1 to a10

the list boxes will contain names of pictures.... or i can just use numbers from 1 to 10 say as I will have ten pictures

if i select one of the picture names in the list box then i want the cell on sheet2 that that particular picture is in to paste to b1 on sheet1

i have the pictures inserted into comments so that when you copy paste the cell... the comment comes with it and shows the picture.... i dunno.. maybe there is an easier way to call pictures up... problem is i only get a chance to work with excel in the winter months and by the time I start doing it again i have forgotten most of what i learned the year before... this seems like it should be fairly simple to me but my mind is drawing a blank.

Upvote 0
You need to figure out what it is that you are trying to do. First you write you have a number in A1. Now, you write you have textboxes (plural!). Which is it?

Further along you use the singular in "select one of the picture names in the list box." So, what is really going on?

Another approach you may want to consider is to put all the pictures on Sheet1 in the beginning setting all their visible attributes to false. Then, based on whatever selection is made however and whereever set that particular image's visible attribute to true ensuring that all others are false.

d0wnt0wn said:
hi smitty... ok the code works as you say it does but its not really what I am trying to do here... i will try and explain it as clearly as possible

on sheet 1 in column A i would like to have list boxes from a1 to a10

the list boxes will contain names of pictures.... or i can just use numbers from 1 to 10 say as I will have ten pictures

if i select one of the picture names in the list box then i want the cell on sheet2 that that particular picture is in to paste to b1 on sheet1

i have the pictures inserted into comments so that when you copy paste the cell... the comment comes with it and shows the picture.... i dunno.. maybe there is an easier way to call pictures up... problem is i only get a chance to work with excel in the winter months and by the time I start doing it again i have forgotten most of what i learned the year before... this seems like it should be fairly simple to me but my mind is drawing a blank.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back