Help with 2-page spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoos1

I have a 2-page worksheet Excel spreadsheet that keeps track of funds billed for different employees. The spreadsheet was started in Jan 2016 and was supposed to cover a year. My job was to add the total amount of hours worked and based on the employees’ hourly rate, it would list the amount billed for each month. The sum of these figures for the quarter would then go onto page 2 of the spreadsheet and deduct from the budget amount. The budget is, let’s say, $5M, but each employee has a maximum spending amount. At the end of a row, the amount left on the employees spending amount would appear and on page 2 and at the bottom what is left of the $5M.

This spreadsheet worked fine for the first year, but then the client (who created the spreadsheet) decided to just keep going with the same spreadsheet. This was too much for me, so I copied and pasted the spreadsheet worksheets into new pages and labeled them, in this case, “Page 1, FY 2017 Invoices Billed” and “Page 2, FY 2017 Contract Balance.” I lost all the links to page 2, etc. This was a nightmare. I had to change all the dates, take out the numbers, calculate a starting “spending limit” for each employee, etc.
Is there an easier way to copy the formulas and such without carrying over the figures I’ve typed in from the previous year? I am willing share the spreadsheet with someone who needs to see it to help me. I appreciate any help I can get.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back