Help with Advanced Filters and Auto Refresh

tjd1159

I have 5 worksheets in a workbook, each with a table containing the same column headings and all tables begin at B12 and end at Col L. I would like to have the rows from each of the 5 tables copied to a separate master sheet. Also, each time the tables are updated with new data and/or rows are added/deleted I would like the master to automatically refresh. I suspect I need to use Advanced Filter and some VBA code but I'm am a novice with Excel. I have experimented with the Advanced Filter and understand it a little. Any help would be appreciated!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Did you want the master sheet to have the same number of rows and columns as the 5 worksheets?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your replies. I would like to copy every table row from all 5 sheets into a master sheet so a manager can see all the active projects at a glance. When a person updates their sheet, I would like the master to automatically update. The master will have the same columns as the 5 sheets. Unfortunately, it appears I don't have the right to attach a sample. I'll try to describe the workbook.

Sheets 1 to 5 contain a person's name and an identically formatted table containing each person's personal list of active projects.
Master sheet has same column headings and displays every project from the 5 sheets. Ideally I would like to break the list into sections headed by each person's name. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
if 5 sheets have fixed no of rows and columns then it is very simple task of pasting link of tables in master.

Do the following

Select the table fron sheet 1 and press [Ctrl]+C.

Select a target cell in master and choose Paste Link from the Paste drop-down.

Similarly repeat the steps for other 4 sheets
If 5 sheets do not have fixed no of rows then there may be some other solution using vba.

Upvote 0
Thank you Ravinder. I had discovered linking but the rows will increase and decrease regularly so that won't work for me. I may need a vba solution but the examples I've found so far have not helped either.

Upvote 0
Thank you Ravinder. I had discovered linking but the rows will increase and decrease regularly so that won't work for me. I may need a vba solution but the examples I've found so far have not helped either.

So you want all sheets including the master sheet to look the exact same with the same number of rows and columns?

First, Align all the 5 sheets perfectly (make sure that the first row is empty)
Make a master sheet. Select b1> select data > select data validation >data validation again > list > type in Amanda, Ted, Bruno, Jack, ***.
Now, in A2, "=If(b1="bruno", bruno!A2,if(b1="Amanda",amanda!A2,if(b1="ted",ted!a2,if(b1="jack",jack!A2))),"")....
Apply this to all cells.

You will have a master copy that looks at all 5 names individually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyouryo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back