Help With Calculating Test Results

Jaevwyn

Hi,

I am trying to find a better way of calculating total metrics of our test results from various sets of tests.
The cut down table and the text below shows how we are currently doing it, but the formula is going to be too long to do it on the next sheet so I am looking for a more simple way of doing this. Cannot use VBA for this.

Total Pass Rate50%
Total Tests22
Number of TestsPass%
1060%
850%
425%

<tbody>
</tbody>
Our total results cell (B1) currently uses formula that Looks like this:
=(Line Pass Rate*(Line Number of Tests/Total Test Number)) one on these sections per line that I want in the totals.
In this case the formula would be =(B4*(A4/B2))+(B5*(A5/B2))+(B6*(A6/B2)).

I am trying to create a new table that contains many more test sets, possibly over a hundred lines and would like to avoid needing to doing the above formula section over a hundred times, one per line.
Currently the sheet does contain contents above and below the table so I don't think I can use any kind of formula that reference an entire column... I am a little stumped :)

Any and all help will be appreciated... fairly new here so apologies is something about the above post is wrong!

EDIT
I can't add extra columns or rows to this table and the totals area are not actually a part of the table, just added where they are on here for convenience

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
My Hero, looks like it works perfectly... never used this function before so I have something new to play with too!
Going to apply this to my larger table, thanks! :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back