Help with customizing userforms

adbarnes81

Hello, I'm new here and have only been using Excel for a short time, I have however taught myself quite a bit about it, but I'm stuck when it comes to macros and codes. Here's my situation, can you help me?

I'm trying to create a database to store and sort sports statistics, ie football stats. I have created a userform with 17 textboxes. What I would like is for the data entry to be precise depending on the entries. Like this:

Textbox #1- Player Name
#2- Season
#3- Week
#4- Date
#5- Opponent
#6- W/L
#7- stat 1
#8- stat 2
so on and so forth

My ultimate goal is for me to be able to enter a player in #1 and have the data be placed into an .xls named for that player. And to enter a season in #2 and have the data be placed onto a page named for season within said .xls. And then on this page "2009" within Player1.xls I would like the rest of the stats to be placed across the columns that correspond to the row entitled Week # (that correspond with textbox #3.

Can someone please help me figure out how to do this or if its even possible with excel.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
The answer or the solution to your question could be very very extensive and impossible to answer in one go, hence have a look here and I guess this could help you to get started atleast:

Click Here Please

Upvote 0
The answer or the solution to your question could be very very extensive and impossible to answer in one go, hence have a look here and I guess this could help you to get started atleast:

Click Here Please
That's exactly what i used to create the userbar. I'm trying to find out what i need to type in for the code to allocate data to a specific sheet depending on the data entered.

Upvote 0
I hope someone can help, I have time to learn the coding process. Even if someone can point me in the right direction that would help a lot. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi, sorry for the delay. Learning is a very long process. In my viewpoint, referring to a particular website or a specific book is not enough because it is very vast. I would suggest you refer to the Excel Help files plus a couple of good books on VBA and start your work. Once you start your work and get stuck anywhere, you could always post on a board like this (others for example: www.excelforum.com, www.thecodecage.com, www.vbaexpress.com, etc.) and trust me you will get solutions to your problems very promptly.

Only if you are lucky enough, some member would write the entire code for you but that depends on your luck as I said :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joel1122331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back