Help with nested IF(ISERROR Formula

Kamitha

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong on this formula? As the first IF statement, it calculates, but nesting causes the cell to think the formula is a giant string of text.

I'm trying to calculate different percentages based on options chosen on a list (C15 cell).

I thought I had it set up to if-iserror on statement 1, then move to statement two. Once I figure my nesting problem, I plan on nesting 4-5 statements.

=if(iserror(IF(C15="Campaign 1",(("PA Profit: "&M15*0.25)&(" KD Profit: "&M15*0.75))),"",(IF(C15="Campaign 2",(("PA Profit: "&M15*0.5)&(" KD Profit: "&M15*0.5)),""),"")"")

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Try this:

"PA Profit: "&M15*0.25&" KD Profit: "&M15*0.75

"PA Profit: "&M15*0.5&" KD Profit: "&M15*0.5

Too many parenthesis I think.

Annd, welcome to the board. :)

Upvote 0
IFERROR is already pretty much an "if" formula. You don't need that first IF, then an ISERROR one.

Try:

=IFERROR(yourformula,"")

Upvote 0
Your IF function calls are not nested correctly. I am not completely sure if you need the ISERROR function call or if that is something you tried because the formula was not working correctly. Assuming an error check is not really needed, I think this should work...

=IF(C15="Campaign 1",("PA Profit: "&M15*0.25)&(" KD Profit: "&M15*0.75),IF(C15="Campaign 2",("PA Profit: "&M15*0.5)&(" KD Profit: "&M15*0.5),""))

If an error check turns out to be needed, then this should work...

=IFERROR(IF(C15="Campaign 1",("PA Profit: "&M15*0.25)&(" KD Profit: "&M15*0.75),IF(C15="Campaign 2",("PA Profit: "&M15*0.5)&(" KD Profit: "&M15*0.5),"")),"")

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone!

Does anyone know why the cell would be treating these formulas as text? I can't figure out why it would do that once nesting is entered into the formula. I copy and pasted the two formulas above, and it treats both as text.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know why the cell would be treating these formulas as text? I can't figure out why it would do that once nesting is entered into the formula. I copy and pasted the two formulas above, and it treats both as text.
The formulas I posted go into cells as formulas for me. If, however, your cell is formatted as Text, then they will go into that cell as text instead of a formula, so make sure your cells are formatted as General before entering the formula into the cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back