Help with repeating macro's

WIGG77

Hello,

First post here so brief introduction.
My name is Dave and I work for a UK based company who design and manufacture bespoke hand built wheelchairs.

I am by no means an Excel god and have only really been using the program for around 6 months.

I set out to create a simple workbook to track the wheelchairs through the various stages of our manufacture with a simple tick box system and a click button to confirm the chair is ready for despatch. When the button is clicked an email is created and sent to the relevant recipients with certain cells from the sheet copied into the body of the mail. I use the workbook as a shared file between 2 people.

So far so good.

I use 1 sheet for each week and after adding the next 6 weeks or so, with 35-40 lines on each week the workbook gets somewhat clunky and slow. Each click button is assigned a separate macro and I guess this could be the route of my problem. If I use this workbook with other Excel documents open which link to MS Project, I often get the white screen crash or a complete system lockup. I patched together the VBA from other code people had posted here and there on the internet and adapted it to suit my needs.

As the code just repeats is there a way to streamline it but still retain the ability the copy the correct cells into the email body? Is there a way to copy the same cells but using th row the button is on?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

(I wasnt sure of the best way to upload the book so added a link to the file from my Dropbox)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13653846/Prod Progress.xlsb

whoops....wrong variable
Code:
Sub MM1()
Dim ans As Range
Set ans = Application.InputBox("Which Chair is ready for Despatch, please Select a cell in Column B", "Chair Selection", Type:=8)
If MsgBox("Do you wish to mark " & ans & " as ready for despatch?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Exit Sub
   ans = ans.Address(False, False)
bdy = ans.Offset(, -1).Address(False, False) & ":" & ans.Offset(, 2).Address(False, False)
   ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
   With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
      .Introduction = "This wheelchair has passed final inspection and is cleared for delivery."
      .Item.To = ""
      .Item.CC = ""
      .Item.Subject = ans & " / " & ans.Offset(, 1) & " is ready for despatch"
      .Item.Send
   End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Still no good my friend.

It now changes the selected cell from the inputbox to the cell name (B3,B4 etc.) which results in 'B3' in the subject field instead of the chair serial number & still copies the whole sheet into the email body instead of the required cell from the selected row.

Upvote 0
Mate, I'm really sorry....I don't have Excel at the moment, so flying blind and can't test
From memory, the bdytxt needs to be the 3 cells from the active row from Col "A" to "D"...is that correct ??
Code:
Sub MM1()
Dim ans As Range
Set ans = Application.InputBox("Which Chair is ready for Despatch, please Select a cell in Column B", "Chair Selection", Type:=8)
If MsgBox("Do you wish to mark " & ans & " as ready for despatch?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Exit Sub
bdytxt = ans.Offset(, -1).Value & " " & ans.Value & " " & ans.Offset(, 1).Value &" "& ans.Offset(, 2).Value
      .Introduction = "This wheelchair has passed final inspection and is cleared for delivery."
      .Item.To = ""
      .Item.CC = ""
      .Item.Send
   End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hey no need to apologize. I appreciate all the help you are are giving.

Yes that correct cells 'A' to 'D' from the selected row.

Upvote 0
Okay, well that last code should get us darn close !!

Upvote 0
Arrgghh. SO close indeed. Its not changing the text in the inputbox cell but still including the whole sheet in mail body

Upvote 0
Grrr....try this then
Code:
Sub MYKL1()
Dim ans As Range
ans.Select
ActiveSheet.Range(ans.Offset(, -1), ans.Offset(, 2)).Select
      .Item.To = ""
      .Item.CC = ""
      '.Item.Send
   End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Micheal, you are a legend! I can't thank you enough.

One more thing. Is it possible to add an .pdf attachment to the email that uses the input box selection as the filename? I've been using '.Item.Display' instead of 'Item.Send' so I can attach the pdf when the mail shows, but thats rather long winded.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
What's the pdf attachment?
a seperate file to the data on the sheet, the active sheet, or what ??

Upvote 0
Yes separate files in one folder on our server
Its just a scan of the order and filename is always the same as the wheelchair serial number. ABC123, ABC124 etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back