Highlight cell when date is over/expire

najanjua

Good Day

this forum is always helpful for me when ever i m in trouble... thnx for all who respond..

today need ur help again ..

1. i am working on worksheet 2013 having data ... with reports names and dates and other information as well.. i need a formula in which cell will be highlighted itself when dates is over/expire .. in any case either we enter the date or date is already existed in cell.. so we can easily follow up for concerned dept.. tht its due ..

2. if 1st prblm iz solved thn i need to expend this as .. row highlighted :)

thnx :)

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Use conditional formatting:

Say your table is in Columns A:G, with your relevant date in column A. Select the entire table and make sure cell A1 is active. Go to the home ribbon and select "Conditional Formatting". Select "New Rule" and subsequently "Use a formula to determine which cells to format". Enter the following formula:

Code:
=today() > $A1

Next, click format and select a suitable format to indicate the highlighted rows. Click ok.

Upvote 0
Assuming date is in A1, select row 1 and use the formula "=Now()>$A1" in conditional formatting.

Upvote 0
Sorry Adkock .. it is not working
below is mine sheet .. i need something which only highlight the cell which is expire or due date is over ...
Capture.JPG

ACTION PLAN DISCUSSED DURING Meeting
S. NoABC #Ref. NoIssueAction to be TakenBy WhomDue Date
12233651AAAAAAAMMMVVVGGGGGDGDGDXYZ23-Feb-16
212332GGGGHGFHH PMU23-Feb-16
345692ERTETTYRYRYR PMU23-Feb-16
913131DGDGGDGDGDGDGDG10-Mar-16
20344345T3535ETETETPEDO/AGP15-Apr-16
213434341No issues 15-May-16

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Good Day

this forum is always helpful for me when ever i m in trouble... thnx for all who respond..

today need ur help again ..

1. i am working on worksheet 2013 having data ... with reports names and dates and other information as well.. i need a formula in which cell will be highlighted itself when dates is over/expire .. in any case either we enter the date or date is already existed in cell.. so we can easily follow up for concerned dept.. tht its due ..

2. if 1st prblm iz solved thn i need to expend this as .. row highlighted :)

thnx :)

Sorry Adkock .. it is not working
below is mine sheet .. i need something which only highlight the cell which is expire or due date is over ...

Now I am confused...the solution I gave to you highlights the entire line, as your requested in your original post...

Looking at the example you posted, apparently the date you want to check is apparently in column G.

Select the entire column G and make cell G1 active by ctrl clicking on it; add conditional formatting with the formula

Code:
=AND(NOT(ISBLANK($G1)),TODAY()>$G1)

In case you are not familiar with conditional formatting, please see New Conditional Formatting Rule - Excel Easy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back