How to have excell continuously check cells and automatically delete rows

kenviluser

Ok so I'm setting up an excel template for use in my office. Basically the template will look something like the image below. There will be two separate charts, one above the other, and cells A2-A10 will have a list of categories to choose from. I want to set the sheet up so that if the 'End' option is selected from the list, that row and the rows below it through A10 will automatically be deleted. For example, if the user selects the 'End' option in A5, excel will automatically delete rows 5-10 and shift the remaining rows up. I've found ways to delete rows based on cell value using a VBA module, but they require the user to manually run the module after the values have been entered. I could also tell the people in the office to simply manually delete the rows that they end up not using, but honestly, most of the people in my office are not computer literate and I want this thing to be as user friendly as possible.

17362418_391233131259297_5330348077709428920_n.jpg

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back