How to hyperlink multiple phone numbers

AndroidGuy

I have an Android phone and I have an excel sheet with a list of names + phone numbers. I would like to be able to click on the phone number in the excel spreadsheet on my phone and it will open up the phone app, and then I can hit "call". I figured out how to do it for 1 number, but the problem is my excel spreadsheet has 100+ people on it, so I want to be able to make multiple hyperlinks instead of doing it one by one.

I did it the following way. Open up Excel 2010 on Windows PC, right click on the cell with telephone number then click hyperlink then type in tel:*672123451235 (or whatever the phone number is) then okay, then save the excel file. Then I load the excel spreadsheet into my android phone, and then I can click on the cell/phone number, then hit "open link" then it opens up my phone app, then I hit dial.

Also I realized I can just type the word tel: before the number and it makes it a hyperlink.

Another thing is that I would like to add a *67 in the hyperlink so that it blocks my number when I'm calling out. However I don't want it to show the *67 in the cell, only the hyperlink. If that's not possible then I found a partial solution.

I google'd and found this link TeleTrigger Click to Dial in Excel

It says that I should choose the adjacent cell, and type in this formula =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE(“tel:”,A1)) I did that and it worked, but it looks kind of ugly, because I put tel:*67 and it shows it in the hyperlink. Also I don't really like the idea of having two numbers side by side (one clickable, one just for show).

If the first option isin't possible (hyperlinking a phone number then hiding the *67) then I would like to be able to change the name of the adjacent cell with the ugly :tel*672124425123 next to it, and rename all of them to something like “Click here to Call”.

Please advise on how I can do this. I'm a beginner to excel.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
The 2nd argument of HYPERLINK is for the 'friendly_name' so try this.

=HYPERLINK("tel:*67"& A1,"Click here to call")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinneytwin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back