How to Include Saturday in Formula Workdays

Ong Eng Thai

Hi There,
Currently I am using workdays funtion in my office.As we know Saturday & Sunday is not the working day,therfore will not count in Excel because this is default by Excel.
My question is how to Add in Saturday as a working day?
Is there any option to set calendar in Excel?
Appreciate you guys reply...

Hi Barry,
Seems like formular is not working....Let me show you example :

Start Date :1/25/10
Duration :5 Days
Holiday :1/26/10
End Date :2/01/10 (If deduct 1 day holiday :1/26/10)

I had try to use yr formular,but the answer is 1/30/10? I guess holiday date is not include.

Best Regards,
ET.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi Barry,
sorry....I forget to add holiday cell..... Thank you so much...really work.....I wonder how you learn all this formular....Really amazing.....Do you have any other simple formulas because looks like the formulas is quite long....
By the way do you know how to add conditional formatting? Currently I am using this function,but seems like Excel allows only 3 way to add....I thinking to add more than 3....
I hope you can help me on this....

Appreciate your support.

Best Regards,
ET.

Upvote 0
That works OK for me. What holiday range are you using? If you use a different range from H2:H10 then you need to change that in the formula

Upvote 0
If you want to exclude holidays then you need a different approach, e.g. with holiday dates listed in H2:H10

=SMALL(IF(WEEKDAY(A1+ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B1*10)))<>1,IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1+ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B1*10)),H$2:H$10,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B1*10)))),B1)+A1

This is an "array formula" that needs to be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER so that curly braces like { and } appear around the formula in the formula bar

i HAVE the same problem..

I want to include the saturdays and exclude holidays and sunday.

Instead of such long formula, Can't we just have a column which includes all the date that we can avoid in counting? (includes sundays also)

Creation of such column can really help us out for selective avoidance of the holiday.

I want to create a project planning sheet in which activity started on 1-may requires 5 days so what i do now is A2+B1=B2 but i have to consider the holidays, and the work day function has saturday included as holiday, I am not that lucky : ( .

None the less, is there a way out Oh Great Houdini !!

Regards

Hemant Kshirsagar

Upvote 0
If you list all Sundays and holidays in H2:H100 then you can make the formula a little shorter, i.e.

=SMALL(IF(COUNTIF(H$2:H$100,A1+ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B1*10)))=0,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B1*10))),B1)+A1

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

Note that in the new version of Excel (Excel 2010) coming out this year there's a WORKDAY.ITNL function which will allow you to do this much more easily

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kshealy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back