How to remove all emojis?

attv

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi! I'm cleaning text. How to remove all emojis from cells? Some examples of what I have below

โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿ›ฉ H225 caracal , cougar ,AS332 super puma, รฉcureuils, dauphin,h160,tigre,NH90 ๐Ÿš C-130 hercules, Airbus 319,320 Boeing 707,777​
Senior Vice President|Founder & CEO, GirlzWhoSell|2X 2021 Gold Stevie Award Winner|Top 50 Women|Author|DE&I Advocate|VC Investor|Keynote Speaker|Board Member|Podcast Host|Women in Sales Champion|#SellLikeAGirl​
Multicultural๐ŸŒŽMultilingual ๐Ÿ—ฃ Mentor๐Ÿง‘โ€๐Ÿซ
B2B Sales | Territory Account Executive | Edโžก๏ธTech​
Connecting people & ideas to create community, impact, & traction for early-stage founders | Chief of Staff ยฐ Startup Mentor ยฐ Intrapreneur ยฐ Community Builder ยฐ Strategy ยฐ Operations ยฐ LinkedIn Top 100 Sales โญ๏ธ​
Hospitality Management / Law Student / BA-Sociology / BA-International Relations / Former NGO Professional / Rights Activist​
Senior Flutter developer at Pegotec.​
๐‚๐จ-๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ญ ๐“๐ž๐œ๐ก๐“๐จ๐ฌ๐ž | ๐”๐— ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ ๐ง๐ž๐ซ | ๐”๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ |๐”๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ​
Building Community Around Founder Brands @ 1Strive | Your Community is Waiting ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ | Consultant and Speaker Inspiring others to Drive Social Impact​

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
It will delete all shapes so if you have other shapes, like a button, let us know.
Code:
Sub Clear_Sheet1()
Dim shp As Shape
    For Each shp In Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes
        shp.Delete
    Next shp
End Sub

Upvote 0
What am I supposed to do with this? I've tried to save as a macro and run but it doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Did you copy the code into a regular module?
What is the sheet name that has the shapes (emojis)?

Upvote 0
Actually, it does not work when pasted. Seems that those emojis are as text not as a shape. I've tried from the internet some other formula below, and it sometimes works, when there is like 1 emoji in the cell. Usually, when there are more it doesn't work though.

Sub kleanIt()
Dim r As Range, v As Variant, L As Long
Dim CH As String, i As Long, N As Long

Set r = ActiveCell
v = r.Value
L = Len(v)

For i = L To 1 Step -1
CH = Mid(v, i, 1)
N = AscW(CH)
If N < 1 Or N > 256 Then
v = Replace(v, CH, "")
End If
Next i

r.Value = v
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browserโ€™s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browserโ€™s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back