Hyperlinks truncated in Excel 2007

c.isaac

I have a worksheet in Excel 2007 that contains numerous hyperlinks to documents (mostly PowerPoint other Microsoft Office files) stored on a file server. I haven't created the hyperlinks using the =HYPERLINK function, but simply by choosing Insert -> Hyperlink and completing the "Address" and "Text to display" fields.

I tested the links to make sure they work, which they did. However, when I save and reopen the workbook, the links have been truncated and only the end of the path is displayed. So I see something like ..\..\..\Documents\2011\August\PowerPoint.pptx.

I've tried to move the target files to reduce the length of the path to under 100 characters, but this hasn't helped. I've also tried to enter the hyperlink in angle brackets, but again, this hasn't helped.

Does anyone know why this problem occurs and, more importantly, how it can be fixed?

Thanks a million!
Carl

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back