I created an add-in but am having difficulties accessing the macro after install

cau2315

Windows XP, Excel 2007.

I am creating some macros that need to be used across many workbooks. Over time, there may need to be changes so I wanted to put them in an add-in so they could be updated once rather than having to remove and copy back in the updated modules.

The add-in is created and in the VBE I can run the macro and it works. However I do not see it when I open the 'run macros' prompt, nor can I add it by right-clicking on a button because it is not listed when I choose 'assign macro.'
These macros need to be triggered by buttons. I have a workaround, which is to create a small sub for every single button that links to the add-in:

Sub Button2_Click()
Application.Run "UpdateRight"
End Sub

But I really don't like this because it will be time-consuming to do this for each button and not easy to edit on the fly for a particular button.

What do I need to do to have these macros show up along with my other macros (ones saved in the workbook or those from my personal workbook)?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttosArmy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back