Identifying Certain Values in Columns Excel

Conell8383

Board Regular
I hope someone can help. I have an excel sheet with over 65,000 rows. I have attached a picture of what I am trying to achieve
The problem I am facing is that i have a worksheet with 65,000 rows, and I have payments and reimbursements withing these rows. In the below screen shot you can see that customer Adsay Fahrettin, customer id 17706421 was paid 800 euro Column J cell J2 and that payment was made on 11/16/2015 Column N Cell N2.
Then customer Adsay Fahrettin, customer id 17706421 has the 800 taken back from him Column J cell J3 and that transaction happened on 1/4/2016 Column N Cell N3.
QI1zZzZ.png

There are 100's more of these transactions in the worksheet how can is there a way to identify?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi thank you for taking the time to respond.
I don't want to do anything with the other transactions. I only need to identify a positive transaction made in 2015 and then the corresponding negative transaction made in 2016. If both the positive transaction and the corresponding negative happen in the same year. This is not an issue. I only need to identify where the year over laps for the negative in 2016.

Upvote 0
You could use Autofilter or Advanced Filter.

Upvote 0
Hi Bhos123 thank you for the suggestion I typed =AND(j2>0,year(N2)=2015) into cell K2 and i got the below error #VALUE! Have i done something wrong?

8f20jq5.png

Upvote 0
@bhos123: =AND(j2>0,year(N2)=2015) worked once I figured it out :rolleyes: Thank you. now i can identify the positives in 2015. The last piece of the puzzle is how to identify the corresponding negative? Any help would be greatly appreciated
FkM7JMs.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoffk036

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back