if and then using more than one cell

rivk64

How do i create if/then using multiple cells?
For example, I have data that i want to compare from D50 to D55 and i want to create and if and then statement saying that if all the values from D50 to 55 are greater than a number, then it passes. I wanted to do this for multiple groups of cells.

Any suggestions? Is there a way rather than individually listing out each cell with a if/then statement.

i hope im making sense...

thanks! :eek:

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
If all numbers in D50:D55 are greater than or equal to 10, return "PASS", otherwise, return "FAIL":
=IF(MIN(D50:D55) >= 10, "PASS", "FAIL")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes! that worked! another question!

so i have a group of cells that i want to include in this as well but all of the values in the cells say n.a
so currently it comes up as fail but really its not a fail.
so i wanted to include another if statement following that, where it goes if it says n.a, then it states n.a

im not sure if i have to reformat =IF(MIN(D50:D55) >= 10, "PASS", "FAIL") in order to make that work

Upvote 0
@rivk64

Try this:

=IF(MIN(D50:D55)>=10,"PASS",IF(AND(COUNTIF(D50:D54,"")=0,ISNUMBER(SUMPRODUCT((D50:D54)*1))),"FAIL","NA"))

It will only return "FAIL" if a number has been entered in all 5 cells in range D50:D54. If anything else is entered in the range, including null, it will return "NA."

Upvote 0
@★ rivk64,

ErikTyler's solution may work for you. If it does not, I have some questions that will help us write a working formula.

When you write, in your second post, "n.a", do you mean the literal value n.a or do you mean the Excel error value #N/A ?

Is the tested range always in one column, or might it expand over two or more columns?
Will the tested range ever include anything other than a number, your "not available" indicator, or a blank?
What is a correct answer if any of the cells are blank?

Upvote 0
the values in the cell actually say "n.a.
its extracting that from a formula and if it cant be calculated, it will just say n.a. instead of #N/A

the tested range is always in one column but I wanted to drag this formula across multiple columns but those will be calculated individually, never including values from two different columns.

the data that I have, there is no blanks, just either numerical values or just n.a.

I hope this helps! thank you all for helping me.

Upvote 0
If there are as many cells with numbers as there are rows in the test range, do the pass-fail test; otherwise, return "n.a".
=IF(COUNT(D50:D55) = ROWS(D50:D55), IF(MIN(D50:D55) >= 10, "PASS", "FAIL"), "n.a")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet_Nectarine_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back