IF Cell contains data Vlookup that cell THEN vlookup next cell if it contains data

DTVFEdata

Hello Excel Gurus,
I am stuck and hoping that what I am trying to do will make sense. If I have a chart that looks like this:

ABCDEF
564YesTealYellow
999No
635YesBlueTealGreenPurple

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want to show that if Column B is No or Blank to list "None" That part is a simple If statement.
Where it gets complicated is that if B shows Yes then I want to lookup C; if D contains data then I want to return C & D but I want it to stop if there is a blank Cell.

So for example
for user 564 I would want the end result to be Teal; Yellow
for user 635 I would want the end result to be Blue; Teal; Green; Purple
For user 999 I would want the end result to be None

In a perfect world I would like there to be an enter between each one (char(10) I think)
So 564 would show as:
Teal
Yellow

999:
None

Blue
Teal
Green
Purple

I know I could concatenate then all into another cell but I am trying to avoid having additional lines added to the sheet if it isn't needed. My actual data has many columns.

Is there a formula that would show if the look up for B returns yes then pull the answer from C, then if D is blank end the formula but if D has text show D, then if E is blank end the formula but if F has text show F and so on until it returns a blank cell...

Or the inverse of if B shows No or blank then show none and end the formula but if B shows Yes then pull the answer from C, then if D is blank end the formula but if D has text show D, then if E is blank end the formula but if F has text show F and so on until it returns a blank cell...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
My other thought was to add a column and do a count between the number of columns and build the If statement as If the count =4 then return C-F, where then the false portion would be another if the count is 3 then return c-E...

If that might be another option...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back