If formula HELP HELP HELP

SavTeach

how can I make this work?!?!?!? if (g4>=800,"","R"),if(h4>=800,"","M"),if(g4 and H4<80,"M/R","")

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
it did not work. it is not catching the ones that need to be labeled M/R.... and I also made a mistake it should be if (g4 and h4<800 "M/R") if there a different formula I should use??? Also how do I add in there if they are blank don't do anything!!???

Upvote 0
SavTeach, could you try wording your problem and what results you are looking for?
Maybe, we can create a new formula that might work as intended.

Lastly, try this:
Rich (BB code):
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(g4),ISBLANK(h4)),"",IF(AND(g4<800,h4<800),"M/R", IF(g4<800,"R", IF(h4<800,"M", ""))))

I don't believe there is any other formula you could use. The problem statement is simple as it is.

Lastly, if the cells are blank you should use ISBLANK() function.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in column "G" I have reading test scores in column "H" I have math test scores. (800 is the passing grade for each) if the student does not pass reading they will receive an R if they do not pass math they will receive an M if they do not pass both they will receive an R/M. (I have the R or M or R/M going in column F) hope this helps!!! thanks to all

Upvote 0
kpark91's worked with mine. Are you sure you've copied it down the column properly?

Usually the inconsistent message means the formula is different to the one below/above etc

Upvote 0
kpark91's worked with mine. Are you sure you've copied it down the column properly?

Usually the inconsistent message means the formula is different to the one below/above etc
GOT IT!! It was correct it was not picking up the correct cell number. When I copied it it stayed as the first cells I pasted it into!!! thank you all so much!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjames12

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back