IF formula with VLOOKUP help needed

misspoppy

Hello,

I'm trying to create a formula that would look at a column (G in my worksheet) and if the word "re-promo" is showing it would look for that word in my lookup data. The cells in this column only show this word or nothing but both are the result of a formula in the column.

For those rows where column G shows blank result I want my formula to look up the word from Column F (also the result of a formula)

Basically if there is text in Column G use that as a precedent to look up data.

My formula is

=IF(G3="re-promo",VLOOKUP(G3,CALS!$A$12:$H$22,IF(H3="SD",3,IF(H3="HD",4))),VLOOKUP(F3,CALS!$A$12:$H$25,IF(I3="LVR.1",IF(H3="SD",3,IF(H3="HD",4)),IF(I3="LVR.2",IF(H3="SD",5,IF(H3="HD",6))))))

Only the first part of the formula works. The moment I delete the cells in Column G the value calculated is incorrect albeit it appears in my lookup data.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Misspoppy

I tried it on one of the row with Library features with SD and the value I get is 2.08 instead of 1.20
When I enter re-promo in Column G the MFPB amount changes correctly to 1.92 and if I change the DEF column to HD the amount again shows correct 2.40

For some reason as soon as re-promo is not appearing in column G the formula is not looking for the text appearing in Column F.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
OK try this one, it does away with col G as well

=IF(AB2="0.600000",VLOOKUP("re-promo",CALS!$A$12:$H$25,IF(H2="SD",3,IF(H2="HD",4))),VLOOKUP(F2,CALS!$A$12:$H$22,IF(I2="LVR.1",IF(H2="SD",3,IF(H2="HD",4)),IF(I2="LVR.2",IF(H2="SD",5,IF(H2="HD",6)))),0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back