IF or IF or IF then do THIS.

Opgelost

Dear respected Excel-Boss,

I’m experience difficulties with writing a formula in excel. The formula contains three different IF-functions in ONE PROCEDURE and should be do the following:
If column A contains a cell with the text “x1x” and the corresponding cell in column B contains the text “y1y” then excel should subtract the amount in the corresponding cell in column C from my start balance in cell Z10. The second IF-function: If column A contains a cell with the text “x2x” and the corresponding cell in column B contains the text “y2y” then excel should add the amount in the corresponding cell in column C to my start balance in cell Z10. The third IF-function: If column A contains a cell with the text “z1z” and the corresponding cell in column B contains the text “z2z” then excel should subtract the amount in the corresponding cell in column C from my start balance in cell Z10 and add that same amount in the corresponding cell in column B to my savings amount in cell Y10.

Please help!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
A formula can't add a text string to a value.....which is what your third argument suggests ...:confused:

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Could we have a small set of sample data (say 8-10 rows) and the expected results?
My signature block below has suggestions for posting small screen shots that can be copied from the forum to our sheets to test.

Upvote 0
Dear respected Excel-Boss,

I’m experience difficulties with writing a formula in excel. The formula contains different functions in ONE PROCEDURE and should be do the following:

STEP 1:
If column C of the sheet TRANSACTIES contains a cell with the text “ABN AMROBANK” and the corresponding cell in column D contains the text “Uitgave” then excel should subtract the amount of the corresponding cell in column H from my start balance stated in cell C14 of the sheet INSTELLINGEN and write the outcome in cell C14 of the sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT.
Otherwise STEP 2:
If column C of the sheet TRANSACTIES contains a cell with the text “ING BANK” and the corresponding cell in column D contains the text “Uitgave” then excel should subtract the amount of the corresponding cell in column H from my start balance stated in cell C15 of the sheet INSTELLINGEN and write the outcome in cell C15 of the sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT.
Otherwise STEP 3:
If column C of the sheet TRANSACTIES contains a cell with the text “ABN AMROBANK” and the corresponding cell in column D contains the text “Inkomen” then excel should add the amount of the corresponding cell in column H to my start balance stated in cell C14 of the sheet INSTELLINGEN and write the outcome in cell C14 of the sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT.
Otherwise STEP 4:
If column C of the sheet TRANSACTIES contains a cell with the text “ING BANK” and the corresponding cell in column D contains the text “Inkomen” then excel should add the amount of the corresponding cell in column H to my start balance stated in cell C15 of the sheet INSTELLINGEN and write the outcome in cell C15 of the sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT.
Otherwise STEP 5:
If column C of the sheet TRANSACTIES contains a cell with the text “ABN AMROBANK” and the corresponding cell in column D contains the text “Transfer ING BANK” then excel should add the amount of the corresponding cell in column H to my start balance stated in cell C15 of the sheet INSTELLINGEN and write the outcome in cell C15 of the sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT and at the same time subtract that same amount stated in the corresponding cell in column H from my starting balance in cell C14 of the sheet INSTELLINGEN and write the outcome in cell C14 of the sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT.

If it works well the outcome in C14 sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT is €-644,26 and in C15 sheet FINANCIEEL OVERZICHT is €16,65.
Please help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbe1bliqv6bbmms/Personal Finance Manager 2014.xlsx?dl=0

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back