@If

Jafwiz

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I am not very good at Excel and this Forum has helped me in the past so i am asking another question. I have a file that is created automatically for our Bar Code software and i have to modify the file before i can use it. It has a column with a cost and every cell has a different cost. Some of the cells need to be modified. Example If the cell says $8.99 I need it to be $9.99. The dollar signs do not show on the sheet just shows 8.99. I know there must be a way to do this faster than one cell at a time copy and paste.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Welcome to the Board!

Why not just do a Find/Replace (CTRL+F), finding 8.99 and replacing with 9.99?
You can apply it to the whole sheet (or column) at once, instead of just one cell at a time.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Why not just do a Find/Replace (CTRL+F), finding 8.99 and replacing with 9.99?
You can apply it to the whole sheet (or column) at once, instead of just one cell at a time.
That would work thanks for the reply but to go further we have to do this on a regular basis is there a way to have those number saved in a template to use on the next file? What i am asking is if every sheet has 8.99 to 9.99 and then it has 10.99 to 12.99 and 11.99 to 12.99 and so on, what is the fastest way?

Upvote 0
It is possible, but it needs to be well thought-out, i.e. so if you have one that changes 8.99 to 9.99 and another that changes 9.99 to 10.99, you do the second one first, or else you will end up ultimately changing the 8.99 ones to 10.99.

Do you have a list of all the values to change (and what to change them to)?
Could you show me that?
What sheet/range do these values appear in?

And what sheets/ranges do the values you want to replace appear in?

Upvote 0
It is possible, but it needs to be well thought-out, i.e. so if you have one that changes 8.99 to 9.99 and another that changes 9.99 to 10.99, you do the second one first, or else you will end up ultimately changing the 8.99 ones to 10.99.

Do you have a list of all the values to change (and what to change them to)?
Could you show me that?
What sheet/range do these values appear in?

And what sheets/ranges do the values you want to replace appear in?

Upvote 0
I could send you the file along with a list of what i need to change just tell me how to send you the file?

Upvote 0
It would be best if you could post sample right here in the thread.
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

If you are not able to use that, then you could always upload the file to a file sharing site, and post a link to it here.

Upvote 0
I could send you the file along with a list of what i need to change just tell me how to send you the file?

It would be best if you could post sample right here in the thread.
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

If you are not able to use that, then you could always upload the file to a file sharing site, and post a link to it here.
This is the file i import into Excel as a CSV. First thing i have to do is the UPC code comes over as general i need it to be formatted as Number don't know why is shows that
way?
Then anything that is 8.99 needs to be 9.99

8.99-9.99
10.99-12.99
11.99-12.99
13.99-14.99
15.99-17.99
16.99-17.99
20.99-24.99
22.99-24.99
23.99-24.99
25.99-29.99
26.99-29.99
28.99-29.99

Upvote 0
This is the file i import into Excel as a CSV
What is?

Is this your file, or your list of changes to make?
8.99-9.99
10.99-12.99
11.99-12.99
13.99-14.99
15.99-17.99
16.99-17.99
20.99-24.99
22.99-24.99
23.99-24.99
25.99-29.99
26.99-29.99
28.99-29.99

Is that list also in a file some place?

In order for me to write any sort of VBA code for you, I need ALL the pertinent information, including:
- file names
- file structrues
- exactly how you want this to work out (i.e. when should this run, etc).

Upvote 0
What is?

Is this your file, or your list of changes to make?

Is that list also in a file some place?

In order for me to write any sort of VBA code for you, I need ALL the pertinent information, including:
- file names
- file structrues
- exactly how you want this to work out (i.e. when should this run, etc).
I tried to install the add in excel blocks it i have the file very small i could upload

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back