@If

Jafwiz

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I am not very good at Excel and this Forum has helped me in the past so i am asking another question. I have a file that is created automatically for our Bar Code software and i have to modify the file before i can use it. It has a column with a cost and every cell has a different cost. Some of the cells need to be modified. Example If the cell says $8.99 I need it to be $9.99. The dollar signs do not show on the sheet just shows 8.99. I know there must be a way to do this faster than one cell at a time copy and paste.

Here is what happened. I created the price file and i copied and pasted your script went to save as changed to macro enabled then Alt Q to close. Tried to use it it asked where the file was found it ran it worked fine. When i close everything and i open the price file when i use it i get an error says security settings macro have been disabled to run macros you need to reopen this workbook and choose enable macros? How do i do that

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Here is what happened. I created the price file and i copied and pasted your script went to save as changed to macro enabled then Alt Q to close. Tried to use it it asked where the file was found it ran it worked fine. When i close everything and i open the price file when i use it i get an error says security settings macro have been disabled to run macros you need to reopen this workbook and choose enable macros? How do i do that
It may depend on which version of Excel you have.
Do a Google Search on "Enable Macros in Excel 2016", changing "2016" to whatever version of Excel you are using, and you should see lots of articles showing you how to do this.

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
It may depend on which version of Excel you have.
Do a Google Search on "Enable Macros in Excel 2016", changing "2016" to whatever version of Excel you are using, and you should see lots of articles showing you how to do this.

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
I have 2019

Upvote 0
Very well. Did you follow my instructions in my last reply and get it corrected?
I think i did i ran it on 2 file looks like they both did what you told it to. Thanks for all your help this Board is a Lifesaver

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help.

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help.
One quick question after the macro runs it say complete but the changed file does not open i have to got to the original location and open it is there a way to have it come on the screen after it's done?

Upvote 0
One quick question after the macro runs it say complete but the changed file does not open i have to got to the original location and open it is there a way to have it come on the screen after it's done?
I thought you wanted to re-save the file?

If you do not want it to close after re-saving it, then simply remove the line of VBA code that closes the file, specifically this one:
VBA Code:
    datWB.Close
Note that I added lots of documentation to the code (all the text in green) so you can follow along what is happening each step of the way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back