Index IsNumber Data Anaysis

dunmore83

Hoping you might be able to provide some assistance on another part of the same workbook?!! If only you were in Australia I could attempt to send you some fresh milk :)

Anyways if your willing the 1st part I need you to look at is the formula in column D of the 1st worksheet... the problem here is that I don't want the rows with no data. Is it possible somehow to have only have rows when the formula returns a numerical value ??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75bv2uwr7nbhtsh/Gaz-AI-Analysis.xlsx?dl=0

Excellent!!

There needs to be a slight change to the formula in cell S8 & S9 on the PD-01-Dates worksheet.... it is often that the tech name for the straws will be different if there are more than 1 inseminations in column G. I need the formula in cell S8/S9 to only return the straws used by that actual tech name

for example cow 84 had an insemination on 08-May-15 by David Sier & then one on 01-Jun-15 by Farm West... the formula in cell S9 for David Sier should only count 1 of these inseminations.

Any ideas???

I haven't had the chance to look at the other file yet

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Not quite... all the insems that qualify during the timeframe however 1 individual cow can have insems from different techs if inseminated more than once.

Does that make sense? Did your original formula account for this?

Upvote 0
The formula sums ALL insems based on the last Tech, regardless of who the previous Tech was.

So if there are 3 insems
2 X David Sier
1 X Farm West

Farm West is the latest, so Farm West shows 3.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I need the formula to return only 1 for farm west in the above example. The 2 will need to be counted under David Sier.

Can you make this work?

Upvote 0
Currently the formula only looks for the Tech that did the latest insem, which is what you wanted. So if 3 insems have been done, 1st by Farm West then 2 by David Sier, then Farm West show none & David Sier shows 3, I can change it so Sier shows 2, but not sure about showing Farm West as 1.

Upvote 0
Ok. Will explain again.

The 2 options it relies on are P & E.

If it is a P then the most recent insemination is counted under the tech for that insemination. The other(s) for that P cow are assigned to whichever tech did them.

If there is an E in the column then each insemination needs to be counted individually for the tech that did them.

Make any sense?!!!

Upvote 0
So really you just want to return the count to the relevant Tech? The P & E are irrelevant.

e.g.

4 insems

1/6/15 Farm West - E
15/6/15 David Sier - E
30/6/15 Farm West - E
15/7/15 David Sier - P

This would return
David Sier = 2
Farm West = 2

If the last was E it would be the same answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back