Indirect Formula

Treesh1994

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
What I am looking to do is if column AD in "2024 SEP Work Charts" drop box says "Yes" Or "Yes With Problems" the whole row in "2024 SEP Work Charts "B" Shop" turns green.

I am new to the indirect formulas and cannot figure out how to get this to work. Maybe using indirect isn't the answer but it's what I have gathered when using 2 different tabs on google sheets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the link to the document.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Use conditional formatting from the home tab.
Copy the formula and change to the right cell references on your sheet.

Book1
ABCDEFG
2Yes
4Yes With Problems
Sheet1
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
A2:G11Expression=OR($G2="Yes", $G2 = "Yes With Problems")textNO

Upvote 0
I am not sure if this matters, but my sheet is from Google sheets and not excel?

Upvote 0
I understand how to use conditional formatting when it comes to
Sorry, didn't catch that.
Same idea

Here is the process.

Use conditional formatting
I believe understand how to use conditional formatting when it comes to 1 tab.

My issue here is that I want tab 2 to be highlighted if tab 1 says "Yes" or "Yes With Problems"

Unfortunately what you linked is if all items where on 1 tab on google sheets.

If you look at my google sheet above, you will see that I have 2 different tabs at the bottom of the page. Basically I want the whole row in 2024 SEP Work Chart "B" Shop to be hightlighted if the "Yes" or "Yes With Problems" is filled in in column AD on the 2024 SEP Work Charts.

The difference between the 2 tabs is on has "B" added

Upvote 0
So on your Work Chart B do a vlookup against your customer column, pull in the "YES" or "Yes with Problems"into the other sheet.
Then use conditional formatting.

You need to correct the range below

VBA Code:
=VLOOKUP(A1, Sheet1!A1:B3, 2)

Upvote 0
So on your Work Chart B do a vlookup against your customer column, pull in the "YES" or "Yes with Problems"into the other sheet.
Then use conditional formatting.

You need to correct the range below

VBA Code:
=VLOOKUP(A1, Sheet1!A1:B3, 2)
I am sorry but I am not understanding this exactly. When I try to copy and paste the formula you provide (so I can change to my information instead of Sheet1) it gives me a note "Conditional format rule cannot reference a different sheet."

I believe with google sheets you have to use the indirect formula to be able to do this. I am not able to figure out the formula to do this however.
I have provided the google sheet above that you can edit to see if you or anyone else can get the formula working.

Thank you for the help you have provided thus far.

Upvote 0
I’m out for the next couple hours, but I will look at it and figure it out when I get back. Basically we just need to get the ranges correct? I just gave you an example of what it would look like. Give me a bit.

Upvote 0
I’m out for the next couple hours, but I will look at it and figure it out when I get back. Basically we just need to get the ranges correct? I just gave you an example of what it would look like. Give me a bit.
Thank you for your help!

I will go through the run down on exactly what I want a because I want to add 1 more thing.

1. Tab "2024 SEP Work Chart "B" Shop" I want the customer name (Column A) to be autofilled based on what "2024 SEP Work Chart" Says ( Column A)
2. Tab "2024 SEP Work Chart "B" Shop" The Whole row Turns green (Column A to G) if "2024 SEP Work Charts Column AD (It has a drop down box) says "yes" or "yes with Problems"

I hope this is enough information to help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back