Inputting data in different columns via input template(sheet) which changes by dropdown.

brightoke

I would like to create a template for inputting 20 pieces of data on a weekly basis. The data will ultimately be presented on a seperate sheet with week 1 to 52 as column titles and the 20 parameter titles down the first column.

For the input sheet I would like to have 20 blocks and a dropdown selector. When 'Week 2' (for example) is selected in the dropdown, I would like the user to input 20 numbers in the boxes on the "Input sheet", and these will then store themselves in the Week two column on the results sheets ( another sheet) vertically. When the user changes the dropdown to 'week three', I would like all data inputted into the same boxes to store in the 'week three' column.and ditto for 52 weeks!
You should also be able to review and change the data by just changing the dropdown selection on the "Input" sheet.

It would be preferable to do this all with formulae and not macros. Can this be done?

If not , what would be the macro to make this happen?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Markos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back