Is there a VBA way to open Print Properties Dialog?

daniels012

I know I've seen where the print Dialog window can be opened.
Is there a way to open the Print PROPERTIES Dialog window?
:) :) :) :) :rolleyes:
Thank You,
Michael

Here is my error message!
"Printer properties cannot be displayed.
Make sure that you have typed the name
correctly, and that the printer is connected
to the network."

I know it is connected to the network, because I can print fine. I can also pull up the printer properties window manually just fine. :confused: :confused:

Not sure what I need to do? :cry:

Michael

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Cross posting? I did not realize these sites were one in the same. Different people are responding?
One is Excel and one is VBA??

IF you have an idea for my solution, then thank you. I have to use every resource i know to get an answer. Many times I go to 3 or 4 different websites to get responses. I just never realized they are all one.

Michael

Upvote 0
Michael

The sites aren't all one, that's the point.

At least 3 different people have offered help over on VBAExpress and Lewiy has here.l

And if you are cross posting on 3/4 sites you might actually find it harder to find a solution for your problem.:)

Upvote 0
Point taken. :biggrin:
There is always more than one way to skin a cat. That is why i always try to get 3 or 4 different opinions.

Anyone have some ideas on this?

Michael

Upvote 0
You may be having difficuties because of the non standard agreement between "Printer Properties" and "Printer Preferences". Depending upon your printer's manufacturer and the type of installation - standard driver or mfg setup - the only way to actually display the "Printer Properties" dialog may be to run the mfg's exe by command line. When you click on the "Properties" button within the print dialog in Excel, that is not the printer properties neccesarily but the "Printer Preferences". I am getting a headache typing this so it may really hurt to read it and understand the point I'm trying to get across. Check out your printer mfg's command line. That may be the way to go. I would start with the registry. You can usually find the commandline that shows the entry points into one or more windows dlls or the mfg's exe.

Upvote 0
This worked for me ....

Call Shell("rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /p /n ""Lexmark X73""", vbNormalFocus)

You need to pass a string via use of " for the name of your printer.

Upvote 0
Ivan, Tom,

This thread is actually a derivative of this thread. The original intent was to alter printer settings using VBA. Unless I am mistaken, Michael's (Daniels012) request here to show the dialog is a fall back option with the preferred option being to not actually have to show the dialog at all?

The only means of altering printer settings such as print quality using VBA that I unearthed was that TechTrax article by Jonathan West. None of the printers I use have print quality settings of Draft, Low, Medium or High so I really couldn't try it out. Do you know (a) if the code Jonathan uses is the way to go? And (b) are the args he uses for {Draft, Low, Med, High} = {-1, -2, -3, -4} universal or would they vary from printer to printer?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back